Friday, October 08, 2010

Gratitude and Thanksgiving

As we begin our Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada -

I am thankful for: 

My Family ~ my wonderful Adrian, daughters, Samantha and Kristina; Mom, Dad, Darryl; Paula, Janine, Derek, Terra, Kathleen, Michael; Paula; Shaun, Aoife, Rory, Denise, Kevin, Calum, Orlaith and Niall, my Grandmother - Eva, my wonderful Aunts and Uncles who continue to touch my world - and my cousins who I stay in touch with via Facebook! Of course; the animals in my life; Scooter and Keano!

My Health ~ every day my back gets better and stronger, my ability to move and to function daily is always a blessing.

My Life ~ my life is so incredible! It keeps getting better!

My new friends ~ while I have not met my new friends 'in person' I have met them via many hours on the telephone and over the Internet during class time! A lot of us have been on a journey together since February and we are now starting to feel the wind up of classes starting to approach, however we are working together to stay committed with our support of one another. 

My friends from another season~ these are wonderful friends that I have had a lifetime, Julie   -- since 1972 -- almost 40 years -- we don't see each other much, doesn't matter -- love knows no distance.  Juli Ann -- since before I met Larkin -- over 25 years; Debbie my friend who nourishes my soul; Yolanda; as we are reconnected; and of course:  Gary, Natasha, Priscilla,  Michelle, Aline , Carla,  all the wonderful people I worked with just last year!  Barb and Brian, Michele and George, Charlene and Randy and our neighbours, Dave and Lynn, Terri, Gord, Adam and Chase.  Our cabin neighbours are appreciated here as well. There is always a risk of forgetting someone when you list -- my apologies.....love to you as well.

My Opportunities ~ I am thankful I can own and run a business and do what I love to do! I am thankful for my clients past and present - all those people who take their time, faith and energy and come to me with the desire to make their lives better ~ together we create a session full of discovery, decisions and declarations.  I am thankful that I am able to continue my education and take many wonderful courses. Thank you to my wonderful Trainers, Rae and Barry.  I am able to continue my education because of the next gratitude.

Technology ~  I am thankful for my laptop which allows me to stay informed and connected, my headset on my phone...4 hours participating in an online, teleclass makes having a headset useful; so is the MUTE button!  I am thankful for my Blackberry - I know - crazy right; but I am able to connect with my daughters many times throughout the day, connect with my friends and conduct business --  all while I am getting my hair done! I know!!!  Just Brilliant!  I love my big screen TV, my PVR, my iTouch, iPod and my Kindle.

Of course there is SO much more...my journal; my quiet mornings....the list goes on.
Gratitude is feeling of choice - I choose to feel this daily, moment to moment.  In my silent times - Thank You is the beginning of my prayer.

Blessings to you all! Love!

5 comments:

Marianne said...

Wonderful post, Karen! Happy Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Oh what lovely words....all of us are grateful to have you in "our" lives. I know I am!
Happy Thanksgiving love.

Denise Stratford said...

That is a beautiful post Mrs Karen Larkin. Beautiful! Hugs xxxx Love from Denise xx

Yolanda said...

I am grateful and honored to be included in your endless list of life's blessings... Thank you! And thank you for simply being you... caring, warm, understanding and true Karen! You have always lead by example on living the good life! All should be so lucky! Keep on livin' it gurl!! - Yo :)

Anonymous said...

We are thankful for you
love. Adrian