Tuesday, March 22, 2016
We've been doing the PiYo workout for 21 weeks now; we are just beginning week 22.
I have learned a few things about myself and consistency since beginning.
1. I can do something consistently, I had always thought of myself as someone who didn't commit, who didn't finish.
2. You can accomplish alot in about 30-40 min/day.
3. It's easier if things are set out and ready to go. These workouts follow a schedule, a calendar. Also we have our mats out, because we have the space to do so. Everything is set.
4. I am accountible to a group and an accountibility partner. Truth is; in December, I was ready to quit all of it or at least cut back and then I connected with a partner who wanted to keep going. So I did too. I had to work out, because she was too and I didn't want to let her down. Then I wanted to work out.
5. Effort is subjective. Same workout, different day. Some days are waaaay more challenging than others. It gets done. It's not always pretty. It gets done.
6. I have a recording system. A calendar with stickers. I like to see the calendar filled with stickers. Makes me happy. So, I keep going.
7. I set myself up an end date. Somehow this is important for me. I decided to get through the winter. That's 6 months. I have 3 weeks to go.
I now have to begin thinking about what I want to do next. How I want the next 6 months to move.
I'll keep you posted. 💖